The QuickBooks error 3371 can occur when the system is shut down abruptly. The error pops up with an error message stating that QuickBooks could not initialize license properties. There can be many reasons why the QuickBooks error code 3371 occurs, like a corrupted registration file. This error disrupts the normal functioning of the application and needs to be addressed immediately. If you are getting this error, the ECML file might be corrupted. In this article, we will talk about the error 3371 in detail, along with its reasons and solutions.
Read Also – QuickBooks Won’t Open
You can get assistance from our support team at 1.855.738.2784 if you are facing difficulty while performing the steps or resolving the error code.
Why Does the QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Pop Up?
The QuickBooks error message 3371 can arise due to a few possible reasons –
- Damaged Windows components like the MSXML component or the .Net framework can give rise to the error.
- The registration file is damaged or corrupted causing issues with QuickBooks.
- Your operating system has become outdated and incompatible with QuickBooks.
- The anti-virus program is blocking essential QuickBooks Desktop files.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Terminating the Error 3371 when Opening QuickBooks
The error code can be resolved by performing the following steps –
Step 1 – Mend the Windows Framework from the Control Panel
To fix your Windows .Net framework, follow these steps –
- Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu and select the .Net Framework from the Programs and Features tab.
- Select Repair and when the repair wizard appears, hit Next.
- Once the repair process ends, perform a system restart and rerun QB to see if the error is resolved.
Step 2 – Create a New Entitlement Data Store File by Renaming it
The issues with the ECML file can cause the error message to pop up. To fix the issues, rename the file and create a new one.
- Go to Program Data from the C drive of your computer and search for EntitlementClientv.
- Rename the entitlement client and create a new user file to access it in QuickBooks.
- Look for any hidden files and unhide them from the Search Options tab.
- Open QuickBooks and see if the license property issue is fixed.
Step 3 – Perform a Quick Windows Upgrade Process
Upgrade your Windows by installing the latest updates and fix the error 3371 in QuickBooks.
- Go to All Programs from the Windows Start menu and select Windows Update.
- Look for any available Windows updates and install them. Once done, rerun QuickBooks to check the status of the error.
Step 4. Quick Fix your QuickBooks Desktop Program
For this, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and hover over the Installation Issues tab. Run the Quick Fix my Program tool to repair the QuickBooks installation issues. Once the tool stops running, restart QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks Desktop error 3371 is terminated.
To conclude, you can resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 by using the above-provided solutions. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional help from our team of experts in fixing the error.
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Won’t Open