The QuickBooks won’t open issue does not allow the users to access the application and the company file. This makes the users frustrated as they don’t know what to do about it. If you are facing the issue wherein your QuickBooks will not open, you are not alone. A lot of users face this problem from time to time. The issue can be easily fixed using a few simple steps. There can be multiple reasons for the error, which we will discuss in this article. So, let’s fix the QuickBooks won’t start problem with some user-friendly solutions.
You can get in touch with our expert team by dialing 1.855.738.2784 in case you need assistance with fixing the issue or are unable to understand the steps involved.
Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
The following are the possible reasons behind this QuickBooks issue –
- Your company name exceeds the maximum allowed limit.
- The QuickBooks installation is not done properly.
- The QBWUSER.ini file is corrupted or damaged.
- There is some damage to the hard disk.
- You are not using an updated version of the Windows OS.
You may read also : QuickBooks Running Slow
How to Eliminate the QuickBooks Will Not Start Issue?
Here’s what to do when you have trouble opening QuickBooks –
Solution 1 – Terminate the QBW32.exe Process
Ending the QBW32.exe process can help in fixing the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open issue.
- Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and then choose Start Task Manager option.
- Select the Processes option and click on the Image Name header.
- Find the QBW32.exe process from the processes list and click on End Process.
Solution 2 – Mend the QuickBooks Installation
Take a backup of your company file and try fixing the issues with the QuickBooks installation.
- Close all background programs and open the Windows Start menu.
- Locate the Control Panel and select the Programs and Features option.
- On the Programs tab, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Select QuickBooks from the Programs list and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Press Continue and select the Repair button. Let the repair finish and restart your PC once done.
- Update the QuickBooks software and see if the problem is eliminated.
Solution 3 – Change the QBWUSER.ini File Name
To resolve the QuickBooks will not open issue, rename the .ini file to fix any issues in it. For this, open the ini file folder and find the QBWUSER.ini file. Right-click on the file and select Rename to change the file name. Add .OLD at the end of the file name and save the changes.
Solution 4 – Register the QuickBooks Desktop
Registering QB will help in fixing the issues and solving the QB won’t open problem.
- Open QuickBooks application and press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Enter your license number and see if QuickBooks is registered.
- If it’s not registered, go to the Help menu and select Activate QuickBooks.
- Complete the process by following the instructions appearing on the screen.
Fix the QuickBooks won’t open problem by performing the steps given above. If the issue is still not resolved, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance from our support team.
This blog is posted on ziparticle.com